Mix and match courses to meet your career goals. We specialize in supplying students, professionals, and production studios with the skills they need to succeed in the animation and effects for film, television and game industries.
Gnomon was founded as a professional training center for students looking to advance their studies within the visual effects industry. We have developed a curriculum that contains all of the techniques and tools necessary for today's artist to succeed in the increasingly competitive world of digital production. All of our courses are open to individuals with the necessary background or prerequisites.
Ideal candidates for the individual courses are people who:
- Are considering a career in effects, animation, game development or high-end visualization
- Want to take courses at Gnomon School of Visual Effects, but do not need all of the courses required in a full program
- Are working professionals who need to learn specific skills
- Want a career change but only have a limited amount of time to attend school
- Already know another software package and only need to learn Maya, Shake, or another program covered in our courses
- Are knowledgeable digital artists wishing to improve their traditional or digital skills
- Courses are either 10-weeks, 5-weeks or 1-week in length
- Most courses consist of three hours of in-class lecture and demonstration and nine hours of guaranteed Studio Lab time per week
- Online courses may be an option for some courses
- Class assignments are project-based and revolve around the student's personal direction and creation.
- Gnomon is not able to issue I-20's for students enrolled in individual courses.
- International students interested in taking courses should check with their embassy to inquire about the length of a visitor's visa. A visitor's visa may allow enough time to complete a term or two at Gnomon.
View our courses section for specific class tuitions.
- Checks: company / personal (a $25 processing fee will be charge for any returned unpaid check)
- Visa, MasterCard
- Money Orders
- Corporate Purchase Orders
- Gnomon Payment Plans
- Wire Transfers
Gnomon Payment Plans
- Tuition is broken up into three installments with a 3% service charge applied.
- The first installment is due at the time of signing the Payment Plan.
- Remaining installments are due over the course of the term.
- Students paying via a Gnomon Payment Plan are obligated to fulfill the agreement if they fail to properly drop a class.
- Payments made more than five (5) business days after a scheduled due date are subject to a 2% late fee.
- Payments seven (7) or more business days late are subject to the student’s computer account being frozen until payment is rectified.
- A $25 processing fee will be charged for any returned unpaid check and in addition, is also subject to a 2% late fee.
- Gnomon offers "Career Training" loans through SLM Financial, a SallieMae Company.
- Students interested in enrolling at Gnomon may apply for low-interest financing through SLM to pay their tuition.
- Students interested in a SallieMae loan may contact the Financial Aid office for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prior to submitting a loan application, students must speak with Gnomon’s Admissions Counselor as well as our Financial Aid representative.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, a US national, or a permanent resident and must be creditworthy.
- The deadline to apply for a SallieMae Loan is 7 business days prior to the start of the term.
Please email your drop/refund requests to email@example.com. Tuition refunds are based on the date your written drop request is received via email. Refunds will not be honored without a written request.
Refer to the Academic Calendar or your Student Confirmation Letter for your refund schedule.
Refunds will be made within 45 days of the date of cancellation. Requests will be processed during regular business hours: Monday thru Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Admission is based on space availability and experience
- Class advisement is available through the Admissions department
- Tours are available weekdays
- Please contact our Admissions office to make an appointment for a campus tour or class advisement